Friday, November 4, 2011

Maya Banks' "Sweet Surrender"

Sweetly Enticed 4 1/2 Stars!

I appreciated the tight knit characters that are all involved within this storyline.

Especially the initial spark between Gray & Faith, was greater than either realized, it literally took them both for a lope. Their connection was rock-solid, then edgy, finally mind-blowing orgasmic (between the major kink & BDSM involved).

However, the story began to fizzle. Gray & Faith's relationship had too much of the back & forth, not knowing what either of them truly wanted. I completely understand the reasons Gray wanted to keep Faith at a distance, but there were plenty of scenes that could have been left out, it started to drag.

Unfortunately it got to the point, that I really didn't wish to continue. Even though the lovemaking scenes were a total mind-f**k. And the brazen act between Gray, Faith, & someone who will not be mentioned (sorry I'm not going to spoil the surprise) was unbelievably, and catastrophically delicious.

Ultimately, I'm willing to give the rest of this series and Ms. Banks another chance. She won't be the first, and definitely not the last author that has received "mixed" reviews on some of her other collaborations. For this novel, Ms. Banks I'm sorry I have to give it 4 1/2 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment