Friday, November 4, 2011

Lauren Dane's "Taking Chase (The Chase Brothers, #2)



Don't be Discouraged by One Failed Book in this Series!

After reading my first erotic novel (Rude Awakening by Veronica Chadwick), this book precisely kept coming up as a recommendation from Ms. Dane, both by Amazon & Barnes & Noble, the two websites I write my reviews on. So after some time of having this book on my wish list, I decided to give this series a try.

The first novel in this series, "Giving Chase," I absolutely loved. I can immensely relate to the heroine, Maggie, for the way society just casted her aside, made her feel worthless, including her own family members. And worse of all the man she thought she didn't have a chance in HELL of being with, just basically dumps her A**, because of commitment issues--is pretty screwed up. But if that didn't happen we wouldn't be reading this book.

I'm really disappointed with this novel, I couldn't wait to read about Shane's story, yet it left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I yearned for more details from the interactions with the other Chase family members, for example what exactly happened during the Thanksgiving & Christmas holiday. What type of present did Shane give Cassie? I felt dead in the water, for me it was extremely difficult to read. I was about midway, and at times I made the connection between Shane & Cassie, and at others not really. Granted I don't know what it's like to be violated by a so-called husband, and left for dead by him as well, as Cassie had to endure. I understand completely being skittish around men, but the push & pull love bothers me immensely. Normally I try my best to stay away from novels like that, and I especially don't write reviews for books that didn't appeal to me either. But with this novel, I couldn't shut up and just continue with the series, without giving my opinion of it first. This review is based on just part of my completion of the book, I still have a dreaded twenty more pages to read.

Unfortunately with both novels, first & second there were a vast amount of grammatical & punctuation errors. I became annoyed at the fact, that if we (the reader) are to pay for a novel, at least make sure we can read it properly without these travesties--having us to guess which word to use.

Please don't misunderstand me, I know I'm not perfect. I make an enormous amount of errors when writing my reviews (I like to used a double-negatives), but NO ONE is paying any MONEY for them--besides your internet provided to make the internet assessable to you.

Ms. Dane I'm NOT going to give up on you or this series, I will definitely continue, hopefully Liv & Marc's story is better. I know some people won't agree with me, and I'm extremely sorry but I have to give this novel a 3 1/2 Star Rating!

No comments:

Post a Comment